You fight. Like a brave soldier you try to defeat the oncoming sleepiness. But no matter how many times you blink, no matter how hard you tap your leg or pinch your arm, the words on the page get fuzzy, and you are getting nowhere. This is called "late-afternoon shutdown time."
It is time for a very special event.
THE LIBRARY NAP.
I personally am I huge fan of the library nap. I would call myself an expert Library Napper. Today I am going to share with you the secrets to taking the perfect library nap. College students, pay close attention.
1. Pick a secluded area. Don’t sit where foot traffic is busy… you will get bumped by passing collegiate jerks. BYU students, I’m telling you, CUBICLES are the way to go. It’s like your private nap zone. My favorites are the fourth floor cubicles near the kid’s books along the south wall. Come find me. I’ll probably be asleep.
2. Bring a jacket to cushion your head. Roll that baby in a comfy lump, slap it on your table, and BAM! You have a pillow on the go. NICE.
3. AND THE SECRET TO THE PERFECT NAP: I recently invented this system. It is so genius that I had to share. One problem with library naps is falling asleep too deeply and drooling all over your desk. This is sure to make you uncool. Another problem I used to struggle with when I was a novice library napper was sleeping way too long like a crazy homeless person who sleeps in libraries. One time I am pretty sure I was out cold for a good hour. To achieve the perfect power nap, follow these simple instructions:
- Open your iTunes and make a playlist of three or four soft, sleepy songs. I have a soft Motab, a couple acoustic guitar songs, and Little April Shower from Bambi. (Don’t judge me, it’s relaxing).
- Then find the most jolting song you can find and put it at the end.
- Insert earbuds.
- Hit play.
- Fall asleep to soft songs. They will relax you but not let you become dead to the world.
- Wake up to jolting song 10-15 minutes later.
- Do your homework again with a smile!
Clearly, college has made me super smart.
2 comments:
hahahaha Oh my goodness, that was awesome! Love the crazy homeless library napper thing and the blurb about Bambi. Genius.
Hahaha! My favorite is how clearly college is making you smarter. For some reason that struck me as really funny and I jutted out a loud laugh. LOL! But I do have to say that is a great idea! I'll be passing that on to my bro. up at BYU. It's the perfect cat-nap!
Post a Comment