Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Night I Almost Got Shanked in a Laundry Room.

Once upon a time, mere hours before going home for Thanksgiving break, I was doing all of my laundry in the middle of the night. That’s just how I rolled when I was a freshman.

We were taking so many people in the car that we had no room to bring laundry home. And all my laundry was dirty. This is what led me to be creeping down the dark stairs into the dorm basement all alone at 3 a.m. to put my clothes in the dryer.


I opened the laundry room door. The light was on. Then a girl I had never seen before in my life came at me with a kitchen knife.

I screamed.

She stopped. Then she said “Sorry, it’s just for protection… You never know who could be down here in the middle of the night!"

Then she took her laundry and her knife and left me all alone in the dark, creaky laundry room.

And that is how I almost got shanked in a laundry room.

11 comments:

Kailee said...

Hahahaha that is sooooo funny! And that would be so crazy scary too! Oh the college life.. I love it haha :)

Baby Sars said...

Why didn't you shank her first with YOUR kitchen knife for protection? ;) haha just kidding :)

Sara said...

LOL what a psycho...

Actually, she's probably pretty smart having a knife on her. In fact, where the heck was your knife?

Glad you only "almost got shanked" and not entirely shanked.

Black Iris said...

OMG, to funny.

Anonymous said...

OMG. what scares me is that I only lived feet away from this incident. i am now more thankful to be alive than I was 2 minutes ago.

Amy said...

Tati I still don't know who she was!!!!

Helena said...

Bahahaha, this is the best story!

DB said...

I so would be that chick with the knife.

However, had I been in your place, I'm pretty sure that I would have wet myself.

Laural Out Loud said...

Someone was assaulted in my freshman dorm's laundry room on night! She was waiting for her boyfriend, and someone else came through the door, and let's just say she was lucky to leave alive! After that I couldn't go down there even during the day!

Kimberly said...

What? Like is the laundry room a hot spot for criminals? I wish it was a hot spot for my husband cause I hate doing facken laundry.

Jean Has Been Shopping said...

Oh... M... G!
Scary b*tch in the laundry room. That would have shaken me to the core.
Visiting from Helena's blog.