I am only going to be a teenager for two.... more... weeks....
Actually, LESS than two weeks! Two weeks from today I will be twenty!
Bahhgurslfheithghsl... (<--- that's not German, that's me being angsty about the end of my teenage years.) Most people would be excited about turning twenty, but I am not. I LIKE being a teenager, ok!? It makes me feel young, gives me an excuse to still be a little kid when I want to be, and scares away older boys from dating me, which is sometimes an advantage at BYU. Twenty is like, being an ADULT. What is that?!?!?
Bahh.
I have been a teenager since the day I turned 13 all the way back in seventh grade. I can barely remember what I was like before I turned a teenager! I was just a tiny little deathly shy girl with scrawny little legs who wore gold-rimmed glasses and straight bangs. That's who I was when I turned a teenager. I feel like almost everything that defines who I am today happened since then! Being a teenager is all I know!!
Not only that, but I was a really good teenager! I mean, I'm glad I was good and didn't get into trouble, but did I waste my chance at rebellion?! Should I have been a little more {harmlessly} crazy? I mean, my friends and I had tons of fun times, but did I really take advantage of being a teenager?! Should I have died my hair pink? Worn more outrageous clothing? Broken curfew more often?
HAVE I WASTED MY YOUTH??????????
Luckily, 'tis not too late. I have two weeks. :)
I am dedicating the next thirteen days to living up my last chance at being a teenager!! I started today, by getting feather hair extensions put in my hair. Ok, so its not that crazy and they look subtle, but one of them is purple! So yeah! Rebellion all over that!
My good friend Tatiana put them in for me! She was my next door neighbor in the dorm last year, and we have lived through a lot together... mice infestations, cleaning checks, sharing cooking supplies... we're tight. So when I heard she was doing feather hair extensions I was all on that! If you're in the Provo area and interested, go here.
Here's where you come in, loyal blog readers, friends, family, blog stalkers and strangers alike... I ask you for your suggestions:
What are some things I can do these next two weeks to fully live out my teenage dream!?!?!


5 comments:
my dear friend. dont worry about no longer being a teenager.... i can promise you that, though i am nearly 23 (3 weeks...) i still act as if i were 12. or maybe 5. (ps- if you want access to my blog, let me know! via jess if thats easiest)
Yes, don't worry about not being a teenager anymore. In fact, I felt like people took me more seriously once I could say I was 20 and not 19. No worries, it's not like you will have any more responsibility than you did before!
Have a happy birthday by the way!
Teri- phew! Thanks! I'm so glad I can be immature still! And YES I want to see your blog! I told Jess to give you my email, hook it up! Yeah!
MJ- I guess being taken seriously is a good thing most the time! Thanks!
Oh man Sarah and I are making BIG plans to be "rebellious" before we graduate haha I understand how youre feeling though. it's so hard to think of rebel- like things to do!
just enjoy your days!
i'm almost where you are...i'll be 19 in about 2 weeks. :]
Post a Comment