Monday, May 2, 2011

No Longer Twitterpated, Thanks to Twitter.

How to obliterate your celebrity crush 101:

Subscribe to their twitter feed on your phone! You will eventually hate them.

Yes friends, it is what it seems. Sometime, many months ago, I figured out that David Archuleta had a twitter page and decided it would be cool to have his tweets sent to my phone so I could follow the happenings of my future husband.

At first it was a novelty and really fun, and I felt cool getting tons of text alerts to my phone. Also, it gave me opportunities to say things like: "Oh, David Archuleta just texted me, no big." and confuse people.

Then, I got bored of hearing about where he ate lunch and what city he was in and what he was feeling and at what hockey game he sang the national anthem.

And then after one too many middle of the night tweets that woke me up, I became violently frustrated every time I received a Twitter update but I couldn't figure out how to make them stop.

So now, I just feel angry every time I hear the name "David Archuleta."

Tonight, the twitter and the twitterpation ENDS!!

I know you're sad and hurt David. So am I. But don't worry, your cute little 12 year old face and your soulful teeny-bopper songs will remain in my heart forever.


P.S. Jimmer Fredette recently began an official Twitter page, and I am tempted to follow, but I fear the same sequence of events may occur!! Is it too big of a risk?

3 comments:

whit2ney said...

yikes, i dunno, it might be better to play it safe. is there a way to follow tweets not on your phone? i don't know a thing about twitter, but there's GOTTA be some settings.

Jessica Welch said...

If only some of my hopeless crushes had twitter pages... Maybe I could get over them faster! ;)

Amy said...

Haha Jess SO TRUE!