Some friends you make memories with and some friends you chat with and some friends you shop with. But some friends come along and teach you so much that you know their friendship is impacting your life.
Last fall I was an FHE leader in my ward at church. It was my calling to have an activity for a small group every Monday night. It seems silly now, but I was nervous and overwhelmed and constantly worried that I was the lamest FHE leader in history.
There was this girl with wavy blond hair, and she came every week. It didn't matter if she stayed long or if she left early, she came. She just always came. And she didn't just show up--she made things better by being there. And I was grateful for her.
That girl's name is Ashley. Since last fall, we've gone to basketball games, we've gone to dances, we lived together over the summer, we've served together in our ward at church. And as I've gotten to know her, I've become so incredibly impressed by the things she consistently does and the person that she is.
people think we are related/ the same person all the time.
and I kind of love it. haha
and I kind of love it. haha
Ashley is the kind of person who listens to people unselfishly even when she probably has bigger fish to fry. She makes everyone feel important.
She is the kind of person who is unfailingly generous and considerate and thoughtful. I can honestly say that I have never heard her speak meanly of anyone, and that is incredible.
She is smart and capable and she means what she says.
Ashley is the kind of girl that you believe in, because she believes in herself.
So today, I want to give a big, hearty SHOUTOUT to Ashley for teaching me about being a better person, for listening to my endless stories and rants, and for being a genuine friend. And to top it all off, she is going to make a super HOT old woman someday.
and yes, the only pictures I have of us are arm-reaching ones. don't judge.
1 comment:
man. you make me feel like a super star. thanks for being the sweetest girl ever. and such an amazing friend.
i owe you cookies or something for this one...
thanks so much amy! <3
Post a Comment