Friday, March 2, 2012

Teenage Regression.

Today, as I was sitting cross-legged on a chair in the Cougareat eating a double scoop almond fudge ice cream cone and pouting, I thought: am I twenty-one years old, or am I fifteen?... because I've definitely been acting like I've been fifteen this entire week...

Grumpy moods. Slammed doors. Unapologetic pouting. Watching youtube videos instead of doing homework.

I definitely know I said, "No one understaaannddssssss me" more than once in a whiny voice.

And then there is the obsessive listening of the Killers all day/every day and feeling like it was the only thing that mattered--and the sudden desire to drop out of college and become a rock and roll groupie. I knew this was a problem when my scholarship essays were due in two hours, I hadn't even started them yet, and I spent one of those hours watching Killers music videos.

I may or may not have considered putting hot pink streaks in my hair.

It's like unexpressed teenage rebellion is suddenly manifesting itself. And it's so not cute.

I just want my mom to pick me up from school in the mini-van, take me home, and feed me chicken nuggets. And then I will go rollerblading.

PS: But since my mom is not here and I'm an adult, I am hereby banning myself from the Killers for the weekend... bah. It has to be done.

1 comment:

Kailee said...

Don't ban yourself from the Killers! I LOVE them! Really they are my secret band crush :)