Mission shopping has pretty much been like all the shopping I have ever done in my life, all in one month. I had no idea shopping for a mission would be so much work. Plus, I'm the kind of person who really doesn't shop that often because I'm a) stingy and b) reluctant to commit to any purchase.
Since doing all this shopping, I've learned a lot about my shopping persona that I never realized before. I AM SO PICKY. I didn't think I was.... I mean, I'm a pretty easy going gal.
But if the sleeves on a shirt look weird, NO GO.
If the paper is too thin inside a spiral notebook, heck to the no.
If an otherwise acceptable notebook has a faint speckled pattern on the front, NOPE.
I pretty much hate every backpack the entire US economy has to offer me. At least the ones that fit my missionary specifications.
I refuse to buy clothing in the colors yellow, orange, some shades of red, and absolutely any shade of pink.
I don't like black clothes.
I turn my nose up at ugly shoes.
I like to go out looking for a shirt that I can see exactly in my mind. Never mind that it does not exist. Anywhere.
Luckily I bought a camera the other night with almost no deliberation. I just got a simple black one. The camera case was a whole other spectacle.
I did not know I was like this!!! I think it's because usually when I go shopping and I can't find exactly what I want, I just don't buy anything. It doesn't work like that, however, when you NEED certain things and you report to the MTC in exactly 2 weeks. Pray for me.
In other news, I spent 5 days in California last week! I will probably never blog about it. Sorry.
In other, other news, I created a mission blog! My family will post some of my emails on it, if you are interested in reading. And my address will be posted on there! Write me letters!
Well, I'm off to Target. Got to go buy a laundry hamper, a brown belt, spandex shorts, and somewhat dressy looking shoes that are also comfortable and that I can ride a bike in. Peace to ma' homies.
1 comment:
i know! mission shopping is so rediculous! i totally shop with a specific image in mind too and somehow i'm always surprised when it doesn't exist. lame! and shoe shopping is craaaay cray, is it even possible to find a cute, yet comfortable walking shoe that's mission appropo?? yikes. good luck girl! 2 weeks!! eek!!
Post a Comment