Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Crafty Ways Have Caught Up to Me

Well, its 1 am... aka my night is still young. (I'm like a crazy full blown night owl, okay peeps? Now ya know!)

I've been sucked into this addiction lately. Its not okay.

I know what you're thinking. Its not drugs. I've seen all the health class videos, which taught me that drugs are bad. Except ecstasy, that video looked fun. Seriously, why show kids a movie about people having fun dancing at a party with glow sticks and tell them that its bad? Its very confusing. But no, its not drugs.

Its "crafting."

Am I allowed to call it crafting?

I'm not even sure if its that I'm not cool enough to call it that, or if I'm too cool. Probably not cool enough. Do you guys say crafting? I'm new at this.

But anyways. I've been burning the midnight oil with my mom's hot glue gun, making all kinds of creations. You see, I started reading craft blogs yesterday and I couldn't stop. So now I may end up with 18574839 headbands.

But the midnight oil isn't all I've been burning...


My poor thumbs.

The hot glue gun got to them like boiling lava. Or hot coals. Or a frying pan. Or anything else that you can think of that is super duper hot and blisters your skin.

Crafting, you are a cruel, cruel hobby to have.

By the way, if this post is depressing you, try to picture me typing without the use of my thumbs. Its pretty hilarious.

4 comments:

Jess said...

poor Amy! Has this affected your ability to text?

Babs said...

I can totally relate I have a glue gun inflicted blister on my left thumb. But my right thumb is still in good condition and can handle the space bar all on its own. We need therapy. Perhaps we should go for a pedicure...(after camp)...gotta take care of my feet if I'm gonna mess up my hands. Ya know? ;)

Amy said...

We do need therapy. I guess it is a small price to pay for having a headband supply that will last me until I am an old woman. By the way, I think I am allowed to use a candle to make flowers now! But I'm pretty sure I'll have to have the fire department on call before I get the full go-ahead. ;)

Kailee said...

Amy I love your blog! Its way cute! Haha and some of your stories totally make me laugh. :) I hope you're having a good summer!!