This week I took a quick trip up to Provo to visit my roommate Kirsi (well actually former roommate, but somehow I feel like I'll be calling her my roommate until we are old ladies). Kirsi is leaving soon to spend a semester in China, so we wanted to spend a couple days together before she left.
It was such a relaxing two days. Kirsi and I talked and caught up on each other's lives and went to the temple like old times. We watched movies like When in Rome and Breakfast at Tiffany's (sketch!) all snuggled up and cooked delicious food (and ate raw cookie dough which gave us huge stomachaches!). It was fun going to the Creamery for some ice cream, where we used to stagger in at night hungry and throw a bunch of random food in a shopping cart, hoping it would nourish us. Except it was usually gallons of chocolate milk and spaghetti. Man, we were such clueless freshman when it came to feeding ourselves at first! We spent Friday afternoon in Salt Lake walking around Temple Square and the nearby area. It was so beautiful.
Provo temple is our favorite place...
Oh, and while I was shopping at the BYU Bookstore, I totally saw Nie Nie, from the famous nieniedialogues buying fudge. I smiled at her. She looked really cheerful and pretty, with a flower in her hair. What an awesome lady!
While she was in class in the mornings, I really enjoyed just wandering Provo and BYU Campus. There were rainstorms on and off, and one day I spent an hour just walking around campus after it had rained. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. When I left in April, it was only just beginning to look like spring, but now everything is green! It feels like such a fresh start. I fell in love with campus all over again.
Growing up in the desert, I think of summertime as hot, dry and dusty. But summertime in Provo was cool and green. I am the kind of girl who is amazed by grass. I sat on grass every single chance I could get. I touched the grass. I walked to a park and lay on the grass for a while reading a book. And it blew my mind.
Seriously, all I needed to make this trip wonderful was a few days off work, Kirsi, and grass.
SUCCESS.
3 comments:
Summer school at BYU was my favorite. Love the weather, love the smaller classes, love the smaller wards and of course love that green, green grass.
I am definitely considering doing summer school next year... mostly so I can play up where its cool all summer! :)
If you do make sure you find a group of kids (and at least one guy) who has a truck and likes to go up the canyon for fun. Seriously, good good times.
Post a Comment