Monday, November 22, 2010

Remember when you didn't know what a blog was?

I used to be obsessed with Time magazines. I was always an avid reader, but when I hit my teen years, it was all about current events for me. I read the newspaper every day after school, even the boring articles. I read Time magazine cover to cover every week. I checked CNN.com daily. Obviously I was one of the coolest teens around.

Long ago, when I was probably 13 or 14, I remember lying on my parent’s bed reading their Time magazine. There was an article about an up-and-coming internet phenomenon that I had never heard of. It was called: A BLOG.


I remember being super confused by the article. The concept of a blog was something I just couldn’t understand. I had never even SEEN one. I was so confused by this article that I still remember it five years later.

And now blogging is what I think about when I am in the shower.

Thank you Time magazine.

And thank you readers and fellow bloggers. I got into this blog thing because I love to write and I am having so much fun meeting other funny bloggers and getting new readers! It’s so exciting for a new blogger and I love it! Thanks to Helena over at lifeinthepitts.com for not only inspiring me with her hilariousness but also featuring me this week on her blog! Virtual high-five to you my friend!

I’ll keep reading Time magazine and let you guys know what we can expect to see in the future. Maybe flying cars? Robots that do our laundry? Global warming so drastic that its summertime all year? Because that would be fantastic. Sorry. I’m cold right now.

2 comments:

Jean Has Been Shopping said...

That's really cool! I'm so glad Helena pimped you today. Can't wait to read your Vegas blog tomorrow.
Are you on twitter? I find it super-easy to follow my favs on there. Let me know. Thanks!

Helena said...

Global warming sounds really good right about now...