Monday, January 31, 2011

What I Wish I Could Write For My Scholarship Essay

Hello world. Right now, I am working on my scholarship essays which are due tomorrow for BYU. Theoretically. In reality, I am surfing youtube and blog hopping like a maniac. I am also listening to crazy dance remixes which is making me feel like I am at a dance club, even though I am really sitting on my bed.

The first scholarship essay prompt states: Please write a brief biographical sketch of yourself.

I am attempting to write something along the lines of: Hi, my name is Amy and I am from Las Vegas and I am going into the Elementary education program because I love children and I am a good citizen of America and a wholesome and honest person and I am going to do great things with my education and I floss my teeth twice a day and exercise regularly and I love puppies blah blah dee blah blaah...

How. Boring.

I feel bad for the people reading these essays. I think we would both be happier if I kept it real. Something like:

What up scholarship crew!! My name is Amy but on the streets they call me A-mizzle and I'm a pretty legit person. I like sleeping, rap songs, going shopping, the beach and cookies and cream ice cream. My favorite movies are Pride and Prejudice and Walk the Line and I am in love with Jimmer Fredette, the basketball player. I struggle with a lot of things in life, like making small talk with people and eating most food items without spilling on myself, but I'm funny, especially when I've had sugar and then I'm downright ridiculicious. My sisters are my best friends, I love Las Vegas, and my favorite color is blue. And I like eating cereal with bananas on top. And milk and oreos. Also, I once had a goldfish that lived for five years... it was crazy. I am generally cranky in the morning and hyper at night. I have special skills like talking in my sleep and being super flexible, but I am terrified of public speaking. And I love to write and I am a pretty good student (most the time) so I TOTES would love any scholarship money you would be kind enough to send my way. Holla!

It just feels more... ME. They want to know me right?

I should stick with the original plan then? Okie doke...

5 comments:

becky said...

you are great. and practically my twin except your blogging is much more enthusiastic than mine! ps my dad served his mish in vegas and my friend is serving there now! i've never been but i've always wanted to. it sounds awesome.

FreeFlying said...

Ha! They would totally give you money if you wrote the second one. If only to ensure that people called you "Amy" instead of "A-Mizzle." (It's a respectability thing.)

Baby Sars said...

Heyy! That's the same prompt I had to write about too!! and the 2nd is my favvs :)

Amy said...

Becky- no YOU sound awesome! I didn't know I had a long lost twin! I think Las Vegas is pretty great, but that's me :)

FreeFlying- don't diss my street name! Its all about the gangsta cred.

Sar- how did your essays turn out? After midnight hit, I just cranked them out super fast in like 30 minutes... made me wonder why I spend 4 hours procrastinating them!

Baby Sars said...

Amy!! Oh wait.. I procrastinated forever too... I finished them at like 11:30! Whooops :) haha