Confession #2: I love roller coasters.
If you can explain that just let me know.
Last Saturday, my family was walking along the Balboa peninsula when we came across the fun little kiddy ferris wheel. I've been on it before and I love being up high and looking over the water, so Sarah and I jumped on board for the small price of three dollars each.
We spun around and around, backwards on the way up and forwards on the way down, enjoying the view and the wind in our hair. It kept spinning and spinning. And spinning. And spinning. And spinning. And spinning. And spinning. And spinning. And spinning. And spinning. And spinning. And spinning. FOREVER.
Once we had been on that dang thing long enough to grow gray hairs, I realized that the man was never going to get us off, ever. That's about when my head started buzzing and my stomach started lurching forward and I got that strange, familiar feeling that I was completely off balance. I told Sarah to tell the man to get us off or I was gonna throw up on his ferris wheel, but luckily, as we came down the next time he got us off!
I staggered over to a bench and lay on my mom's shoulder, but I still felt completely off, like the earth was moving under me. And I felt like that for HOURS! bahhhh. This was not a good sign with Disneyland on the horizon.
Let us fast forward to Monday morning, when our happy family arrived at Disneyland to experience the fun-filled day we had looked forward to and planned for months.
The tram ride from the parking lot made me car sick.
Cute, right?
Thankfully, we were at Disneyland, the place of fantasy and happy endings, and this story has a happy ending too! It is called: DRAMAMINE. Hallelujah amen.
I didn't even know about dramamine for most of my life, until one day within the last year I was carsick and my dad gave me a pill to take, and it magically made my carsickness go away, and then I said, "Hey, there was a magic pill that makes carsickness go away and you're just NOW telling me about this!?" True story.
In the end, we rode all of our favorite roller coasters, some of them more than once, we experienced the Disney magic (and the lines), and there was not even any throwing up involved! I owe my Disney experience to the wonders of Dramamine!
It was definitely even better than my last trip to Disneyland when I was 12 and a bird pooped on me. Also a true story.
THE END!
2 comments:
I got more motion sick on Dumbo than anything else :) That and looking at the carousel...figures. I'm glad you have discovered Dramamine, it has made our car trips more fun (except for when you're asleep).
Love,
Jess
I LOVE Dramamine. I hardly get carsick now, but I still take it because it makes me fall asleep in the car.............and ya know for just in case measures haha! My hero haha! I too get AWFUL motion sickness...always have! Luckily though, I hate rollar coasters!
Glad you were able to have fun
Post a Comment