Friday, July 29, 2011

Blog Swap: Ashley's ABC's of Amy!

My good friend Ashley came up with the idea for a blog swap, and I was totally on board! I said, "We should write funny stories!" and she said, "I want to write about YOU." And I said, "ugghhh no one wants to read that." I cringe when the spotlight turns to me. And she said "your blog readers can get to know you better from someone who knows you really well!" And I said, "true, great idea!"

Ashley definitely knows me really, really well. She's knows all my likes and dislikes, quirks and stories. Then, time passed and I began receiving texts from Ashley saying things like, "are you really double-jointed?" and "can I write about you peeing your pants?" And then I thought "Oh no... she knows me really, really well. Is this a good idea??" haha.

Without further ado, here Ashley from Confessions of a Hopeless Romantic. She is really awesome. I will be in the corner hiding. Actually, I'll be at her blog for the day, so click on over when you're done!


Yo yo yo! I am so excited to be doing a blog swap today with one of my bestest friends! Amy and I met freshman year and have been friends ever since.





We have so much fun together and I am looking forward to the future mayhem that we will inflict on P-Town. Today, I thought it would be fun if I told you more about our homegirl. So, without further ado, I present you with “Amy’s ABC’s”.



Age: 20


Best trait: Her infectious laugh


Crime she would most likely be convicted of: Stalking Jimmer Freddete…but really, who can blame her?!?!


Disgusting habit: Amy is ridiculously smart and excels in all of the classes that make weaker men and women cry. For example, American Heritage is one such class that people dread. Most people barely pass. Amy passed AMHTG Freshman year with flying colors. The stinker got an A!


Extra-cool fact: Amy’s fingers are hyper-flexible. She can bend them in cool ways!

Exhibit A


033(1)





Favorite color: Blue


G-status: 10. Seriously, this girl has got mad street skills and swag. Her rapping skills make Eminem look like a joke fo’ sho!


Hails from: Viva Las Vegas and she is proud of it.


Interesting job: Working at a wedding chapel last summer. Elvis is her homeboy.


Jerk detector: Amy has a low tolerance for obnoxious, mean-spirited people. I admire her moral compass and her refusal to deal with nonsense. For a perfect example of this, read her post here about jerks.


Kitty or puppy person?: Amy is a dog person. Her little dog Candy is definitely part of the family. She even has little outfits to prove it :)


Loves: Shopping, eating, watching movies, sweet guys, her friends, her family, the Gospel, making music videos, David Archuleta Jimmer Fredette, gangsta rap, SLEEPING, Vegas, and the Summer.


Morning person?: No. definitely not. I cannot tell you how many times I awoke to her alarm freshman year and she would still be konked out! Her music would be blasting for literally like 15 minutes before she would finally get up!


Night owl?: Now that’s more like it! Amy comes alive at night and gets the partayyyyy started. I have very fond memories of dance parties, rap sessions, photoshoots, and cooking with her in the wee hours of the morning :)





One of our finer moments….lil’ wayne style.



Optimist or pessimist: Definitely an optimist. Whenever I am upset or worried about something, Amy is always there to assure me that things will be ok. She adds humor to the situation and suddenly, my problem doesn’t seem so bad anymore.


People-person?: Amy is so sweet and kind to everyone. She is always the voice of reason that reminds people not to speak ill of others. She always brings up a person’s strengths and good qualities instead of their faults.


Quote-fanatic: Like me, Amy LOVES quotes. She has a little flip-book filled with great quotes and illustrations :)


Responsible adult plan: To become a teacher. Amy is an Elementary Ed major and she is going to be an amazing teacher. Seriously, when I have kids I’m going to move to wherever she teaches so that my kids can be in her class. I can just picture them having “rap time” instead of “story time” and for them to feel completely safe and happy being themselves in her class.


Siblings: Two sisters that she is extremely close to :) I’m sooo jealous of their friendship. I wish I had that much fun with my brother!


Ticklish?: You betcha! Whenever Amy starts to get silly, I resort to tickling her, but the situation always gets sillier as Amy yells….“STOP! I’m gonna pee!” Haha. That is all it takes to cause us to double over in laughter and literally ROTFL :)


Unintentionally funny: You know those people that try soooo hard to be funny? Those people annoy me. Alot. Amy never has to try to be funny, she just is. If you are lucky enough to be her friend, your life will never be boring. everrrrrr


Vanilla or chocolate ice-cream?: Neither. Amy is a big fan of cookies and cream ice cream…..yum!




cookies and cream ice-cream

Wacky fact: Amy cannot pass up a great deal on baby items. She once showed me some of the things that are in her “future baby collection” and I just had to laugh at the baby cowboy/girl boots that she bought…but hey, the girl is going to have one well-dressed baby :)


X marks the spot: During basketball season, Amy can frequently be found in the Marriot Center. Why? Well because Amy appreciates the basketball playing hotties with naughty bodies…duh! ;)


Yummy food that Amy makes: Sweet and Sour Pork. She made it one time and it was de-lish!

Zoo animal persona: If Amy were an animal, she would be a monkey. She is so energetic, goofy, and happy. I can practically see her swinging from vine-to-vine, while happily eating a banana, and waving to the passersby.



monkey


Now, aren’t you all jealous that I get to be one of her close friends?…Yeah I thought so. Lucky for you, Amy loves making new friends. Now, you should hop on over to my blog, because Amy is guest posting for me today..and you KNOW you do not want to miss it!


197300_1886763446099_1151814614_2359758_385494_n

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yup, that's definitely Amy! Great job Ashley :)

Lita said...

Thanks Jess! You would definitely know :)