7:00 am: Alarm goes off and radio begins blaring loudly.
7:45 am: I wake up for the first time to blaring radio. Unconsciousness is a talent.
8:00 am: Remembering that today was the day I was going to meet David and that I had planned to be outside Deseret Book by now, I decide to get out of bed and get ready.
8:15 am: I actually get out of bed to get ready. Hey! I’m not a morning person ok?
9:40 am: I arrive at Deseret Book and scope out the line. It’s not even that long! I was nervous there’d too many people by now. I’m a little concerned that the only people I see are middle aged women and 12 year old girls. But then I’m happy because that means less competition because I’m actually David’s age! Holla!
9:46 am: I set up my little camp chair in line… psyched to start making friends and hang out ‘til my sisters get here.
9:47 am: I realize the girls ahead of me are really annoying. And there is a 50 year old man with a beer-belly behind me. Dang!
10:15 am: Pull out my notebook and begin brainstorming “Things to Say to David”
-Marry me.
-Marry me you beautiful hunk of soulful righteousness.
-Hi David.
-I love you.
10:20 am: Decide it would be best if I stopped brainstorming.
10:25 am: Look in bag for book. I packed A Tree Grows in Brooklyn to work on my goal to read good literature this summer. As an afterthought I also packed Meg Cabot’s cheesy The Boy Next Door. I begin reading The Boy Next Door. Obviously, I am a very cultured girl.
My classy book choice
10:45 am: Begin wondering why the heck my sisters aren’t here yet. But I’m enjoying the ambiance of multiple David Archuleta songs playing from iPhones all around me. Like the sounds of heaven!!
11:15 am: Sisters arrive with Little Caesar’s pizza. We chow down and pack away the stuff to get ready for David!!
11:30 am: Sarah and I head to the stage to get a good spot while Jess holds our place in line. Once we are in full sun, it is DANG HOT.
11:45 am: Anticipation is building. Word is that David is actually IN Deseret Book right now hidden away!! Eeeeeh!
11:50 am: Girls begin screaming at almost anyone coming out of Deseret Book with dark hair. Including a mom with a stroller. Confused old grandmas arriving to buy themselves new scripture cases wonder what the ruckus is about.
12:04 pm: DAVID COMES OUT! Screaming galore!! He jumps on stage and talks in his cute David voice and then starts singing “Crush.” Girls go wild!
TELL ME this doesn't make you crazy!
12:06 pm: In the middle of the song, the girl directly in front of me collapses from the heat onto the asphalt. She was limp almost by my feet, with her face on the hot ground. Ouch!! Her friend starts dumping cold water on her head to cool her down. Someone calls 911. Jess tells them they need to get her into the shade. I join several people to help lift her up.
Here’s the video: About 1:40 in she collapses and then the rest of the video I was just holding my camera up but not actually watching David. Listen for all the people saying "Call 911!" I stopped filming to help her up eventually, being the kindhearted person that I am.
12:10 pm: The girl passing out drama is behind us. I am bummed that I barely got to watch David sing. But then he says he’ll sing another song!! Hooray! And this one was WAY better. Man he can SING!
12:14 pm: My soul melts into goo. My heart explodes into a billion pieces of love. Needless to say, I am VERY glad that I’ve chosen David to be my husband.
12:16 pm: David goes inside and we all get in line for him to sign our book!
Yay for paramedics who come for girls with heat stroke!
12:20 pm: We decide it’s time to start brainstorming something to say to him, since we are about to meet him. I wanted to say something funny that would be memorable and make him laugh. But I FAIL at coming up with something. Sarah suggests “You are a really good singer!” Jess suggests “We came to your concert last summer!” My dad suggests, through a text, “What kind of deodorant do you wear?”
12:21 pm: I make mental note to find a new family.
12:40 pm: We are standing FEET AWAY from David Archuleta! Sarah asks me what I’m going to say. I say “I DON’T KNOW! I’M BLANKING HERE!”
12:42 pm: We meet David Archuleta.
I say, “How are you?”
He says, “Good, how are you?”
I say, “Good. How do you like Las Vegas?”
He says, “I like it!”
I say, “Can we take a picture?”
“Uhhh….”
We take a picture with him anyway. Then leave.
I AM SMOOTH FOLKS. LIKE SILK. AND CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER.
Well, here’s my thinking. It was conversational!!! I mean, when people meet their future husbands for the first time, it’s only natural to ask how they are doing!!! Am I right or am I right???
I am right. Thank you.
He would have fallen madly in love with me. He was just really worn out from seeing all those OTHER girls who WEREN’T his future wife. It’s understandable really. He was exhausted. Those other girls were exhausting ME and I’m not even David Archuleta. Obviously, NEXT time I meet him we will fall madly in love. Once I’m done with school and he is settled in his music career and we are both ready to get married and have beautiful little children.
And then David and I will look back on the day we first met at the Deseret Book and laugh at how awkward and adorable it was. I FINALLY HAVE A REAL NON-PHOTO-SHOPPED PICTURE OF ME WITH DAVID!! And how fitting that the wall behind us is covered in pictures of the temple....
Excuse me while I go pick out our wedding colors...
3 comments:
You tell good stories...even when I was there :)
OH MY GOSH AMY!!!!!!! This was hilarious!!!! I can't believe a girl got heat stroke!!! I am happy that you had your first real conversation with him! Best wishes for you and your future with him! Love you!!!
Great choice of husband--I 100% approve ;D Don't forget to invite me!
Post a Comment