Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sisters and iPhones: A Tribute.

My little sis is a freshman at BYU this year, which is fun, because when we need too steal away from life, we're there for each other. Last week, we were sitting in the car, and Sarah said: What's that thing where your right arm gets all tingly?

And I said: A heart attack??

And she said: Yeah. Cuz... my right arm is all tingly.

And I said: Sarah don't you dare have a heart attack in my car because I can NOT handle that right now. I'm serious. Please don't have a heart attack. If you had a heart attack, I would be so stressed out. If you died, I would literally be sitting in the car with your body for like... an hour, before I figured out what to do.

Sarah said: But you have an IPHONE!!!!! You could look it up!!!

I thought a moment.

"....... But what if I didn't want to dip into my data plan?"

She decided to not have a heart attack.

Skewed priorities aside.... I love that while I'm away at school, my older sister Jess makes me feel included in the goings and comings of life at home, by sending me numerous pictures from her iPhone. Pictures of things like my mom making dinner, or my dad watching the football game, or the dog looking groggy.

GROGGY DOGGY.

And I would HATE to miss out on seeing my dog Candy looking groggy because I miss my pup so much when I'm away. Which is why I am grateful to run into women named Candy/Kandy in the Provo area so I feel close to my tender doggy.

And then last night, about 20 minutes after dropping Sarah off at her dorm, I picked up my phone and saw like, four calls from Sarah. Completely puzzled and a little alarmed, I quickly called her back.

"Hey! Sorry I missed your calls! Whats up?"

"AMY."

"What??"

"Are you serious? You had me call your phone a zillion times in the car because you couldn't remember what your ringtone was!!!!"

Um... oh yeah. She was totally right.

3 comments:

Baby Sars said...

Technically, it was my left arm :) haha I love you Ames!

Lita said...

I'm jealous of my non sibling status out here :(

Meghan said...

AWW! You guys remind me of me and my sister!!