I have always been one to make up words and phrases, and being on crutches has really contributed to this interest of mine. For example, I like to call walking around on crutches, "just crutchin' around!" It's hokey and borderline embarrassing, but I still say it to everyone I see when they ask how/what I'm doing.
(I have enough self-awareness to know that it's weird, but not self-dignity to stop saying it.)
Another phrase:
TURBO-CRUTCHING: this means to crutch around very quickly. I only use this is sentences like the following: "I know the phone is ringing but I would have to turbo-crutch over there so it ain't happening!!"
When I was in high school, I desperately wanted to get hurt.... not seriously... but just enough that I would have to use crutches. Because then I could get a key to the school elevator and I would be able to leave classes five minutes early so I wouldn't be stampeded.
Well, I was an idiot. Because crutches are probably the worst things ever!! (drama queen status) I mean, they are pretty great in that they help me walk, but they are NOT as fun as I thought they would be. Almost three weeks on crutches is pretty lame.
Sometimes after dinner, I realize I haven't left the house yet, so my parents take me on a field trip!! Like to Krispy Kreme or Target. yayyyy.
Krispy Kreme.... sugar rush to the max.
riding around in a scooter at Target was really not as exciting as I thought it would be.
those suckas go like 1.5 MPH.... and people were staring at me.
but it was still a great memory-making experience, for sure. :)
1 comment:
i hope you can send those crutches to the DI one of these soon days! (if that sentence didn't make sense don't worry about it....what i meant was FEEL BETTER SOON!)
Post a Comment