Somehow I ended up reading blogs until 2 am last night. I know. Ridiculous. And not just any blogs; I was pulled deeper and deeper into the wonder of Mormon Diva blogs (a term of endearment coined by moi). You know the type: impossibly attractive women documenting their trendy lives in big cities. Stylish babies usually included. What is it about those blogs that are so addicting?? I have no answers for you.
What I do know is that I soon began lamenting my dull suburban life and my lack of photo-ops with red-lipstick-wearing women. I starting imagining the interior design of my future home. Would it be Pinterest worthy? ...and how on earth was I going to incorporate kitschy yet classy decor into every room? I even started to stress about my woe-fully mediocre fashionista closet. Should I invest in a fur vest??? I don't even own a floppy wide brimmed hat!! Woe woe woe.
I felt the urge to dash to the nearest cupcake boutique and begin instagramming like a mad woman to fit in.
these cupcakes are way trendy... I want to eat them just so I can be cool.
Well anyways, then I reflected on what was really important to me.
I want to live my religion.
I want to be genuine and kind.
I want to teach children.
I want to be me.
And if I somehow whip up some fashionista outfits, decorate my future home a la` pinterest, and rock some red lipstick occasionally, on top of it all..... THAT'S CAKE.
If not? Well I'll probably sleep at night just dandy.
5 comments:
Ha! I feel this exact same way. Run away from the mormon diva blog reading...it'll kill ya. But honestly, I do it too. Yikes. For the record, I like reading your blog, even sans kitschy decor, red lipstick and excessive intagramming! Hope your knee is feeling better!
I limit my amount of Mormon Diva blogs. I used to read a lot of them and get myself worked up for no reason whatsoever - well the reason being that I'm happy being me and sometimes I tell myself that's not good enough.
As long as I succeed at being a mother everything comes secondary. It's the one thing you can't re-do in life and if you try your best and fail anyway...at least you tried, right?
The golden ticket analogy knocked all the 'my life is not like hers, hers or hers' right on my head. That's fine if certain bloggers want to decorate their home in a fancy way but I think I'll just live in my home and not make it a museum ;).
AMEN!!!
Totally know what you mean! It's one of the reasons i stopped blogging. The pressure and stress to be a perfectly hipster mormon took a toll on me and i finally decided it wasn't worth it. Now I just blog for me, kind of like a journal :)
If it makes you feel any better I don't even know what kitschy decor is. ??? It all comes down to priorities in my personal opinion. And these divas have them all mixed up. Oh and I just deleted my pinterest account today. Unwanted and unnecessary.
Post a Comment