Today I will be reflecting on the top five Pinterest trends that disturb me. Some of these make me cringe, shake my head, and groan.... and yet I am occasionally guilty of re-pinning. Read on! (... and take everything with a grain of salt. Magical Pinterest salt... does that exist yet?)
5. Anything that has to do with spending hours to make fancy ice... Ice melts in mere moments, people.
beautiful layered ice.... I would never make this.
if you made it for me, I would enjoy it in my cup...
for five minutes, until it melted.
4. Crazy mutant desserts that are combinations of approximately five other desserts. Can you say: holy sugar overload!? And yet.... your stomach tells your finger to click re-pin. And you do... out of wonderment and awe.
Reese's Brownie Cake
Peanut Butter Cup S'mores Blonde Brownies
this is basically a way for girls who don't get asked out to make themselves feel better.
girls who get asked out are not "rotten apples."
but seriously.
"basically I'm just super insecure and also somewhat emotionally unstable
and YOU NEED TO TELL ME YOU LOVE ME ALL DAY EVERY DAY.
especially at every red light."
I do.
November 14th, 2012. Slept like a baby.
this just seems wrong...
the girl should be dressed/posed like a seven year old and not a twenty-year old.
give her some polka dot leggings and take her to the park to play!!
am I the only one who finds this inappropriate?
it's not necessarily the romper, or the heels, but the two together.
why not dress the toddler like.... a toddler..??
please add your comments below.
1. Anything to do with hot dogs. Mostly because I have major hot dog issues. (read more about this here) (SHUDDER)
no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no. nooooOOOOOOOO!
For example: in a bun.
And with that I will say: HAPPY PINNING MY FRIENDS! Are you a Pinterest addict? What Pinterest trends make you shake your head a bit?







5 comments:
My goodness I love this. I also totally agree especially on the kid one. It's really creepy when a child is dressed older than me. I hate the pins that have all the fitness stuff on them. It's super annoying. Ok, and for shame, but I may be pinning that crazy brownie cake...not that any of us ever make things on pinterest hahaha ;)
I love this so much. I have felt the same way about every one of these.
YES. Especially about the kids (can you say starting the trend of sexualization and objectification at a younger and younger ages?) and the "inspirational" quotes. I just want to grab people by the shoulders and say "NOO" 80% of the time I see those. It's like, wait, do you even read these before you repin them??
I don't like the contortionist newborn pictures. Some of them just don't look safe. I do however, like the nutella recipes :) You can't get too many of those in my book!
Just so you don't think I'm a creeper... do you know I'm Tara Truman's sister? lol. Okay...
Hot dogs are sick in my opinion. Haven't eaten on in years.
Little girls dress way to maturely in general these days and if I ever have a girl you bet she won't look like those ones in the pictures above (I have three boys)
People with kids definitely remember the nights they had plenty of sleep.
Pinterest was fun at first but now its just a joke to me. Like I said in my other comment, it got deleted today.
The way you write cracks me up.
Post a Comment