Monday, January 28, 2013

The Mouthwash Incident.

Well this morning I accidentally swallowed some mouthwash.

It just happened so fast. I can't be trusted with dangerous chemicals. I get distracted so easily. It was a small amount but now I am trying to spend each hour as if it were my last... just in case. It's definitely time for YOLO.


Cuz we only live once.


****moment of silence****
-
-
-
-
-
-
-




Definitely my favorite YOLO meme.
I wish I could relive the awesome moment 
when my sister and I explained YOLO to my mom.
#precious
PS: this blog post is dedicated to Sarah, my YOLO guru.
Longest caption ever.
continue.
 



Swallowing a small amount of mouthwash has caused me reflect. There is so much that I still need to do in my life!!!

Such as:

1. Finally get my act together.
2. Run a 5K. (I haven't been able to even jog since my knee surgery... so maybe in a few years... ha)
3. Learn how to not be awkward.
4. Learn how to rock red lipstick.
5. Cook pancakes without having them taste like garbage. (sad.)
6. Take Social Dance at BYU with all the freshman. (by the time I get to this, I will be approximately 24 years old...  they'll think I'm elderly.)
7.  Serve a mission.... DUH. Almost there! #miracleshappen
8.  Become cooler.
9. Win a rap battle.
10.  ^^^well maybe not this one, but in my dreams.
11. Learn to speak Spanish.
12. Become more cultured.
13.  Live in NYC for a summer.
14. Re-gain my social life. (friends on missions... I miss you.....come home......)
15. Find a reason to attend a gala and wear a sparkly evening gown. (THIS WILL HAPPEN. I might have to sneak in, but it's happening sometime in my life.)
16. Travel to all 50 states.
17. Learn how to wake up to an alarm. (I still struggle so badly... it's getting pathetic.)

I realize that ending a list on 17 is kinda weird.... but don't be a hater. I am so thankful that swallowing mouthwash this morning gave me a chance to evaluate my life and embrace a new-found perspective. You might even say it's the best thing that ever happened to me. Things have never felt this crystal clear.




You can never go wrong with a webcam collage.
Either that, or you can go so very wrong. I can't keep it straight. 
 
 
YOLO, err'body.... YOLO.  Embrace it. And don't swallow mouthwash. Amen.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

#YOLO

I'm glad that mouthwash could really clean your perspective on life.

#thathappened

I feel honored at this blog post dedication. You're also my #1 YOLO homegurl. <3 Sars

B and M BAUCOM said...

A few things. First, mouthwash is nasty. Gross. Second, Bryan would happily do a rap battle with you. Might be some tough competition haha. And last, let's do #15 together!! One of my dreams too!

ashley. said...

i love you. hahaha
the other day when i got your package derek said, "when i grow up i hope i'm as funny as amy." true story.
YOU ARE SO FUNNY.

...and i'll rap battle with you. [you'll def win.]
YOLO.

Sara said...

I can't help with all of those, but try this recipe for pancakes: http://www.thekitchn.com/the-best-pancakes-ever-134328